Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time:
Marinara Sauce Edit
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 very ripe tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 bouquet garni:
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
- Combine all ingredients for marinara sauce except fresh basil, and simmer for ½ hour.
- Mix bread crumbs, olive oil, and oregano, together. Dip shad into bread crumb mixture. Sauté in hot oiled skillet until golden brown.
- Place hot marinara sauce on platter and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Add sautéed shad on top of marinara.
- Sprinkle with additional fresh basil.