Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time:
Marinara Sauce Edit
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 very ripe tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 bouquet garni:
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
- Combine all ingredients for marinara sauce except fresh basil, and simmer for ½ hour.
- Mix bread crumbs, olive oil, and oregano, together. Dip shad into bread crumb mixture. Sauté in hot oiled skillet until golden brown.
- Place hot marinara sauce on platter and sprinkle with fresh basil.
- Add sautéed shad on top of marinara.
- Sprinkle with additional fresh basil.