Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pint of chicken livers, cleaned
- ½ lb bacon, crisp
- 2 medium onions
- ½ to ¾ cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper]
- a dash of sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¾ lb linguine pasta, cooked al dente
- a sprinkling of grated parmagana cheese (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a pan until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place the vegetable oil in a non stick large pan.
- Add the onion slices into the pan and saute until the onions become translucent.
- Add the chicken livers into the pan and cook until the livers show no signs of blood.
- Add in the seasoning, mushrooms and sherry.
- Continue cooking tossing frequently until the mushrooms begin to soften.
- Re-season if necessary.
- Reduce the sauce so that it thickens slightly.
- Place the cooked pasta in the bottom of a large pasta bowl.
- Toss the pasta with the butter to coat evenly.
- Pour the chicken livers and it's sauce over the center of the pasta.
- Break the crisp bacon into bite size pieces and place them over the livers.
- Sprinkle the entire serving dish including the edges of the dish with some more of the freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with hot Italian bread and your favorite red wine. Mmm.