Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. soy Italian "Sausage" links, cut into thirds
- 1 large Onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 6 medium bell peppers (3 each green and red, or 2 each green, red and yellow),
- cut into long strips
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar
- 6 small hero rolls, split
Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. Set aside.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add "Sausage" pieces and cook, turning often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add Onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, reserved tomato liquid, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and Sugar until well combined. Cover and cook until flavors have blended, about 5 minutes. Spoon into hero rolls and serve open-faced.