Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Depending on length, makes 20 – 40 pieces.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ pound of butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg yolk
- sausage pieces (I've seen some people use miniature hot dogs instead)
- Combine the flour, butter, eggs, water and salt together.
- Knead the dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 2 hours.
- Cook the sausage (or meat). Don't let it get brown though. You can add spices to it if you wish.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out some dough. It should not be too thick.
- Cut rectangular strips of the dough, about 3 inches (8 centimeters) wide.
- Put a piece of sausage at the end of the dough strip.
- Roll the dough around the sausage until it is completely covered, and cut that portion off the strip.
- Repeat the last two steps until you are done with this dough strip.
- Repeat the last 5 steps until the dough or sausage is finished.
- Repeat the above steps until you are out of dough, or mixture.
- Brush the exterior of all the sausage rolls egg white.
- Place the sausage rolls on a sheet with a little space in between each one, and bake until slightly brown (sorry, I don't remember exactly how long. Next time I'll record that).