Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from the Hartman Estate Sale. It was obtained it as part of the purchase of the Family Collection from the Hartman Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ½ pound rolled sausage
- 1 cup potato cubes
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 cups water divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small white onion chopped
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place beans and 5 cups water in large saucepan then bring to a boil over high heat and remove from heat.
- Let stand covered for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile crumble sausage into a medium skillet and add onion.
- Cook over medium heat until sausage is lightly browned stirring occasionally.
- Drain off any drippings.
- Add sausage mixture and remaining 2 cups of water to beans and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low then simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Stir in milk, potatoes, salt, black pepper and cayenne then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.