Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for two hungry persons.
400 calories per serving (informed estimate)
This is a slightly more developed version of a Sausage Hotpot recipe which was improvised in an effort to use up various items in my refrigerator and larder.
I have decided to post it up on the Interweb since none of the recipes I have checked since are anything remotely like this invention.
It is a very tasty and nutritious meal, arguably well balanced in terms of carbohydrates, proteins and fat, covering three portions of vegetables, in accordance with the UK government's eat 5-a-day policy.
- 4 sausages
- 1 tin of red kidney beans (rinsed well)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- Fresh chopped garlic (I like plenty; you may prefer less)
- 1 tsp of La Chinata or other hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- Cook the sausages as per the pack instructions.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Combine cooked sausages and all the other ingredients in a casserole dish.
- Put the lid on the casserole dish.
- Put the lidded casserole dish into the preheated oven, remembering to close the oven door and noting the time of commencement.
- Cook for 60 minutes, stirring well every 15 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Serve it up!
Note: I'd say this is pretty much a whole meal in itself *but* if you did want some accompaniment, I'd suggest a nice chunk of warm crusty bread would go down a treat (and if you were feeling really naughty, a nice bit o' butter on that bread).