Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 Medium white onions
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ pound sausage
- 1¼ cups soft breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup light cream
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Scoop out the centers of peeled onions leaving at least ¼ inch thick shell
- Then chop the centers to equal 1½ cups
- Blanch the onion cases for 5 minutes and turn upside down to drain.
- In a skillet sauté the chopped onion in ¼ cup of butter, until lightly colored
- Then add the sausage and cook a few more ninutes.
- Stir in 1¼ cups of bread crumbs which have been soaked in the light cream
- Then simmer about 5 minutes and add parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Fill the shells with the stuffing and put in a buttered shallow dish.
- Pour the beef stock and wine around them and bring to a boil on top of stove
- Bake in a 350 °F oven, basting several times for 45 minutes
- Then transfer the onions to a serving dish.
- Reduce the juices by half then pour over onions
- Sprinkle with additional chopped parsley.