Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 12 rounds.
- In large mixer bowl soften yeast in warm water.
- Add 2 cups flour, shortening and salt.
- Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in as much remaining flour as you can mix in with a spoon.
- Turn onto lightly floured work surface.
- Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smoooth and elastic.(5 minutes)
- Cover, let rest in a warm place about 15 minutes.
- Divide into 12 equal partions.
- Roll each between floured hands into a very smooth ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth, let rest 10 minutes.
- Using fingers, gently flatten balls.
- Cover, let rest 10 minutes.(keep dough pieces covered until ready to use.)
- On well floured surface lightly roll one piece of dough at a time into a circle 7 inches in diameter, turning dough over once.
- Do not stretch,puncture or crease dough(Work with enough flour so dough does not stick).
- Place on baking sheet. Bake rounds, 2 at a time, in a 450 F oven about 3 minutes or until dough is puffed and softly set.
- Turn over with a spatula, bake about 2 more mintes, or until dough is light brown.
- Repeat with remaining dough, baking one batch before rolling the next batch.
- To serve, slice bread crosswise, fill pocket with desired filling Makes 12 rounds.