Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Dinners 1982
- 8 servings
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Combine water, sugar and salt in a large saucepan; add carrots, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain carrots, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Set carrots aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add brown sugar and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add 1 cup reserved liquid; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in mint.
- Pour sauce over carrots, stirring gently to coat.