Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living Holiday Dinners 1982
- 8 servings
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Combine water, sugar and salt in a large saucepan; add carrots, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain carrots, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Set carrots aside and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add brown sugar and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add 1 cup reserved liquid; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in mint.
- Pour sauce over carrots, stirring gently to coat.