Purchased from the Davidson Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1987. Dated 1966. These are very good. I made them right after I purchased this collection and they are a regular in my household and at potlucks.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter
- 3/4-cup milk
- 1/4-teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2-cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into heavy skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.