Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beans, Great Northern Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 4
- ⅔ cup dry great northern beans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¾ cup-15.5 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup water
- Soak beans using quick soak method and cook according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Pour oil in a skillet; Add onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans, basil, oregano, pepper, and water.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Optional: Add bean mixture to rice or noodles.