Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- onion, diced
- garlic, crushed
- hot peppers, diced
- eggplant, peeled and cut into pieces
- bouillon (chicken works great)
- Fry the onions with a generous amount of oil in a medium pot.
- While they are browning, pour a bowl full of water and squish the tomatoes into the water to make a juice.
- Let tomato mixture sit awhile.
- Add garlic to onions.
- When onions are opaque and slightly brown, pour tomato water into pot.
- Add eggplant, hot peppers and bouillon to taste.
- Boil until the eggplant is soft enough to smash and most of the water has boiled off.
- Smash the mixture with a fork or puree in a food processor.
- The finished product should be about the consistency of applesauce.
- If it is too thin, boil more water off.
- Salt to taste.
- If a more tomatoey sauce is desired, add about one to two tablespoons of tomato paste.