Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grilled skewered meat. The ever popular and a personal favourite! It looks similar to the famous 'Shish Kabob', however, the sauce used is different. Satay can be made with either beef, chicken, pork, lamb or prawns.
- 1 kg meat, cut in cubes
- a pack of bamboo skewers
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- ¼ cup shallots
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili paste
Peanut sauce Edit
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ground chilli
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp ground roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and sugar to taste
- Combine peanut oil, shallots, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and chile paste in a bowl.
- Add meat, coat well and marinate over night.
- Thread meat through skewers which have been soaked in water for about 4 hours.
- Bbq or broil meat skewers.
- Serve with sambal kacang (peanut sauce).
- Saute chopped onion in oil.
- Add ground chilli, reduce heat; add peanuts and cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil and add coconut milk and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- This sauce is preferably served hot during winter and at room temperature during summer.