This fine recipe will last forever, i got to taste this and it was delicious ! Requires only basic cooking skills !
- 4 cups saskatoon Berries
- 1/2 cup fruit juice (raspberry or orange)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- dash of salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Mix Berries and juice in large bowl.
- Mix Sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg and mix into the Berries.
- Pour into unbaked 9 inch pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust that has small holes cut into it with thimble.
- Seal edges well, baste top with cream and sprinkle with Sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake until nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through holes.
Contributed by Edit
Recipe courtesy of Black Cat Guest Ranch Hinton, AB Canada