Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed grape leaves
- 1 lb. beef and pork, ground together
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup rice
- washed grape leaves
- a spring of dill
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup hot water
- Fry onions in hot corn oil.
- Add meat and fry until meat is well done.
- Cool mixture slightly and then add egg, rice, seasoning and a spring of dill chopped fine.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Place 1 tbsp of mixture in a grape leaf and wrap up in sarma fashion.
- Place sarma in deep pan, put 2 tbsp hot oil, put 2 tbsp flour and fry together.
- Remove from fire, add 1 tsp paprika, ½ cup hot water.
- Blend and pour over sarmas.
- Many prefer to serve it with sour cream.