Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pilaf with garlic
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 300 g mutton or beef
- 800 g (28 oz) carrots
- 3 – 4 onions
- 350 g vegetable oil
- salt and spice to taste
- Wash rice and soak in warm saltwater for 1½ – 2 hours.
- Cut meat in small pieces and sear in hot oil.
- Add sliced onions, after a few minutes put in carrot strip and salt.
- Add 1:1 water, spices and unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Stew on low heat for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Add rice and cook uncovered until water evaporates.
- When ready, remove garlic, mix rice and serve in a mound on a large platter.
- Peel garlic and arrange on top.