Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Oven potato stew
- Cut 1 onion into 4 pieces (this goes with the meat when it is boiled).
- Cut the remaining onions into ring slices and place them in a cooking pot, and keep the other onion for later use.
- Wash and peal the potatoes and cut them into thick slices and put in the pot, add water to cover the ingredients and add the tomato paste and salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the mixture for about an hour until the potatoes are cooked.
- In the mean time cut the beef into 2x2x2cm cubes and put in another pot with the remaining onion and the cardamom.
- Boil for about ½ an hour, then the cardamom out.
- Preheat the oven.
- Layer the potato and onion slices in the oven dish together with the beef cubes.
- Pour the beef broth (bahreez) resulting from boiling the beef in the oven dish, and put the dish in the preheated oven.
- Cook until the potato become red in colour (10 – 15 minutes).
- You might need to add more broth if all the water is absorbed before that.