Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 11/16 Cups olive oil
- 4 red onions. sliced
- 4 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 Pounds flank Steak, cut into long narrow strips 1/4-inch thick
- 4 Cups corn kernels
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 dozen flour or corn tortillas
- Fresh California Guacamole, recipe follows
- FRESH CALIFORNIA GUACAMOLE
- 2 California avocados, seeded and peeled
- ¼ Cup finely chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Diced jalapeno pepper, to taste
Heat oil over medium heat. Add Onion and bell pepper; sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet; reserve. Add Steak to hot skillet and cook to desired doneness; keep warm. Return Onion mixture back to skillet; add corn, jalapeno, cumin, and chili powder and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. Filled warmed tortillas with Onion mixture and Steak. Serve with guacamole on the side.
FRESH CALIFORNIA GUACAMOLE
Combine all ingredients; mash to desired consistency.