Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These spicy meatballs are smothered in green salsa; when broken open melted Cheese oozes out.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 slices Atkins Bakery™ ready-to-eat country white bread, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ pound pepper jack (or Monterey jack) cheese, cut into 12 equal sized cubes
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup prepared green salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until softened, about 5 minutes, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, soak bread in water and cream until soft.
- Mix in turkey, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper and onions.
- Divide mixture into 12 portions, insert a cheese cube into the center of each portion and form into balls (make sure cheese is completely enclosed).
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat.
- Cook meatballs 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Add salsa and chicken broth to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and spoon sauce over meatballs before serving.