- 2 tbsp broth of your choice (this is for sautéing)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1½ cups (6 oz / 185 g) chopped red (Spanish) onions
- 2 x 15 oz (470 g) cans hominy rinsed and drained
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 poblano chilies, roasted, peeled, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
- 1 cup (4 oz / 125 g) grated Monterey jack cheese (try using non-fat cheese)
- Sauté in a large heavy skillet when hot add the garlic and onions: cook, stirring, over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the hominy, tomatoes and chilies; cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes, or until all the ingredients are blended and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and cover and sprinkle the cheese over the hominy.
- Stir just until the cheese is melted and serve immediately.