Purchased from the Rosenthal Estate in Amarillo, Texas in 1992. Date and source unknown. This is tried and true. I love it and my nieces make me make this in batches of 3 so they can take one home with them. Yummy.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cups Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples
- Combine baking mix, milk, Sugar, oil and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured baking pan.
- Combine softened cream cheese, Sugar, egg and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over batter and top with Apples.
- Combine Sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over Apples.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.