The ideal consistency should be similar to french crêpes batter. If you could find a Japanese potato called "nagaimo" (long and hairy) use about 4 inch long. This is the most preferred potato. The batter is better with potato but this can be also omitted, just adjust water.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 cabbage
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 medium, ground potato
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Mix ketchup and soy sauce 1 part each, add some sesame or hot sauce if you like.
- Wash cabbage, shred it small and thin, if you use a machine, do not cut it too small.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients, and add cabbage and potato.
- Mix well, and then add water until the batter is evenly mixed.
- If the batter is thick like pancake mixture, add some water.
- Add any of the optional ingredients
- Heat a fry pan at medium high with some oil, about 1 tbsp per sheet.
- Spread the mix like making pancake.
- Wait until the surface becomes dry and then turn over, or until brown.
- Fry the other side (remember, you only turn once)
- Spread the sauce and some mayonnaise, sprinkle some green seaweed powder.
- Eat while it is hot.