Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Everyday quiche with a twist using the complimenting ingredients of smoked salmon and samphire. Samphire is a nutritious naturally salty vegetable that grows in coastal areas.
- Ready made cooked pastry flan base
- 3 Free range eggs
- 1/4 pint milk
- 120g smoked salmon trimmings
- 30g samphire
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4
- Blanch the samphire for 45 seconds and drain.
- Add the salmon and samphire to the flan dish
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over the salmon and samphire.
- Bake in centre of oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad and crusty bread.