Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed vegetable turnovers
- Makes about 20 turnovers
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 1 garlic clove; chopped
- 1 potato; peeled - cut into small pieces
- ½ cup cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 carrot; chopped (½ cup)
- ½ cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup thin-sliced green beans
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn oil, for deep-frying
- Mix the meal, egg and salt together, adding just enough water to make a moist dough that holds together.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onion and garlic, and stir-fry over moderate heat until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Take the potato and ½ cup each of any other 3 vegetables and blanch in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Add these to the pan with the onion and garlic and stir-fry over moderate heat for 3 minutes, to mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Take 1 heaping tsp of the dough and press it out on a flat surface into a 2½ inch square.
- Put 1 tsp of the vegetable mixture on the bottom half of the square and fold it over into a triangle.
- Prepare all the samoosi this way.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and brown the turnovers over moderate heat for about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.