- 1 (14 ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground Beef
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, leek and garlic, and cook, stirring until the onions are transparent. Add ground Beef, and cook until about halfway done. Season with cumin, cardamom, salt and pepper. Mix well, and continue cooking until Beef has browned.
- In a small dish or cup, mix together the flour and water to make a thin paste. Using one wrapper at a time, fold into the shape of a cone. Fill the cone with the meat mixture, close the top, and seal with the paste. Repeat until wraps or filling are used up.
- Heat the oil to 365 degrees F ( 170 degrees C) in a deep-fryer or deep heavy pot. There should be enough oil to submerge the wraps. Fry the Sambusa a few at a time until golden brown. Remove carefully to drain on paper towels.