Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 4 servings.
- 1 pinch saffron, soaked in 2 tbsp rose water
- ½ cup almonds, pulverized with ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ to 1½ tbsp ground cardamom
- Combine the filling ingredients (saffron, rosewater, almonds, ⅓ cup sugar, and cardamom).
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease 1 or 2 baking sheets.
- Cut the defrosted filo strips 2½ to 3 inches wide, stacking and covering with a slightly dampened towel to prevent drying.
- Lay 3 to 4 strips on your work surface and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Layer a second strip on top of each.
- Place a tablespoon of the filling toward the bottom right-hand corner of each strip.
- Fold that corner diagonally over to the top left-hand corner, forming a triangle.
- As you fold, be certain that the side of the strip lines up perfectly with the folded portion.
- Then fold straight up.
- Continue as if folding a flag, alternately folding the bottom corners in a diagonal pattern and up.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush the tops of the pastries lightly with a bit of egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown.