Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Aubergine (eggplant) sauce
- 2 small aubergines
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp terasi
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 large tomatoes
- Slice the aubergine and sprinkle it with salt; leave to stand for half an hour, then rinse and dry.
- Cut up the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Crush the terasi and garlic together.
- Slice the onion thinly, and fry until slightly brown.
- Add the garlic and terasi, the sugar and the chilli powder.
- Put in the aubergine, and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, cover the pan, and continue cooking gently for 5 minutes.
- Taste, and add salt if necessary.
- Then put the mixture into a pudding basin and steam it for 20 minutes.