- 1 lb tortilla-ground corn flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tbl lard
- 1 x Onion cut small dice
- 8 oz roasted Pork diced
- 8 oz queso blanco grated
- salt to taste
- n a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine corn flour, water, and butter. Mix until incorporated into dough. Let dough rest for 1/2 hour.
- In a medium saute pan melt lard. Add Onion and Pork and cook until translucent, set aside and cool.
- Portion the dough in small balls, approximately 1 ounce, and flatten with hands. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the Pork stuffing on top of each flattened dough and sprinkle with Cheese. Cover with another flattened disk of dough and seal edges by pinching them together.
- Cook in electric flat top or cast-iron griddle for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with refried beans.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.