- ½ cup Chickpeas, mashed
- ½ cup diced, cooked potatoes
- ½ cup green beans, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup diced, lean, cooked Pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped Onion
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium-size bowl, mix all ingredients through ½ teaspoon salt together and set aside.
- 2 cups masa, available in some grocery stores and in Latin-American grocery stores
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup 1½ cup lukewarm water
- oil for frying
- In another medium-size bowl, combine masa and 1 teaspoon salt. Gradually add enough water, stirring constantly, to make a stiff dough. Divide into 24 pieces, form each piece into a ball and place under a damp towel.
- Place one ball between two sheets of plastic wrap and flatten dough with a flat plate. Remove top plastic and place a tablespoon of filling in the center of the dough. Press filling down.
- Pull up one side of plastic to flip one part of the dough over the other, covering filling and creating a crescent shape. Press edges together and place under a damp towel. Repeat with remaining turnovers.