- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely-chopped and mixed with ⅓ cup ice water
- ½ tsp tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1½ tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 head green savoy cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- Put the vinegar, oil, and garlic in ice water, tabasco, chili powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix very well.
- Add the cabbage and toss and stir until it is well coated with the dressing.
- Cover and chill and use as needed.
- This keeps well.
- Note: there are lots of Salvadoran restaurants in Los Angeles that serve papusas, slightly plump little tortillas filled with spicy meat or cheese.
- This is the peppy slaw that goes along with them.