Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup lard or margarine
- 1 cup ground spicy red pepper (cayenne) mixed with water
- ˝ tablespoon ground cumin
- ˝ tablespoon black ground pepper
- ˝ tablespoon crumbled oregano
- 1˝ tablespoon salt
- 2 cups white Onion, cut into small cubes
- 1˝ cups green onion, finely chopped
- 3 pounds lean meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Potato, peeled, cooked, and cut into small cubes
- ˝ cup cooked green peas
- ź cup granulated sugar
- ˝ tablespoon vinegar
- ˝ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spoonfuls unflavored gelatin dissolved in 3 cups water
- ˝ black olive per salteńa
- 3 raisins per salteńa
- 1 slice of boiled egg per salteńa
- In a casserole add the margarine and the spicy red pepper. Set to boil over high heat until the margarine separates from the pepper. Next add cumin, ground black pepper, oregano, and salt. Let cook for ten minutes over low heat so that the mixture does not stick. Stir constantly. Next add the white Onion and let it cook for five more minutes. Finally add the green onion.
- Remove the casserole from the heat, add the Sugar, vinegar, parsley, Potato and cooked peas.
- In another casserole add the three gelatin cups. Let it cook over high heat and as soon as it starts to boil, add the meat. Mix quickly and remove from the heat.
- Mix the first preparation with the gelatin and meat. Let it cool in the refrigerator one night or until it thickens. If wanted, add the olives, raisins and egg before it thickens or add them directly on the dough when preparing the salteńas.