Contributed by email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey
- Serves 4
- 1 lb salt cod
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 cups cooked potatoes in small dice or mashed
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Freshen the salt cod as directed in Codfish Cakes recipe, then simmer it for 10 minutes in a pan with water to cover.
- Drain, and flake or chop in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onion is soft.
- Toss together the onion, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, cod, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp oil in the skillet, and when it is hot, spread the hash over the bottom.
- Fry over medium-high heat until it is brown on the bottom.
- Turn over and brown the other side.