Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org> at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
- Author: Marion Cunningham
- Typed By: Susan Godfrey
- Serves 4
- 1 lb salt cod
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 cups cooked potatoes in small dice or mashed
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Freshen the salt cod as directed in Codfish Cakes recipe, then simmer it for 10 minutes in a pan with water to cover.
- Drain, and flake or chop in a food processor.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute over medium heat until the onion is soft.
- Toss together the onion, garlic, tomatoes, potatoes, cod, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp oil in the skillet, and when it is hot, spread the hash over the bottom.
- Fry over medium-high heat until it is brown on the bottom.
- Turn over and brown the other side.