Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green chile sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: My old recipes
- Makes about 2 cups
- 1 tbsp lard, butter or bacon drippings
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups canned stewed tomatoes or 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green chiles, or more
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¾ tsp salt
- dash ground cumin (optional)
- Melt lard in pan over medium heat.
- Saute chopped onion in lard.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add stewed tomatoes or chicken broth, chopped chiles, garlic and seasonings.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve as desired.
- Freezer storage: 8 months.