Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green chile sauce
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 2 cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, and their juice (16 oz)
- 1 can diced green chilies (7 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground cumin
- In a medium pan, heat oil lover medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened but not browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, chiles, garlic, salt and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- Store in refrigerator up to 3 days, or freeze.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Unlike most salsas, this freezes well.