Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salmon W Tropical Rice - 36g Carbs, 3g Fiber, 11g Sugar
From: Diabetic Living Diet Servings: 4 Diabetes-Friendly Total Time: 30 mins
1 lb fish, salmon fillet 2 Tbsp coriander seed 1 Tbsp sugar, brown (packed) **Note 1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning 1 Tbsp butter 2 cups rice ***Note 1 medium mango 1 Tbsp cilantro 1 tsp lemon peel
1. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish. Place fish skin side down in a greased shallow baking pan.
2. In a small bowl stir together coriander seed, brown sugar, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Brush top and sides of fish with melted butter. Sprinkle fish with coriander mixture, pressing in slightly.
3. Stir together rice, mango, cilantro, and lemon peel. Spoon rice mixture around fish. Bake, uncovered, in a 450 degrees F oven for 4 to 6 minutes per 1x2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. To serve, cut fish into 4 serving-size pieces. Serve fish on top of rice mixture.
Nutrition Per Serving: 384 Calories, 10g Total Fat, 3g Saturated Fat, 421mg Sodium, 36g Carbs, 3g Dietary Fiber, 11g Sugars, 96mg Cholesterol, 37g Protein
Exchanges: 1/2 Fruit, 1 1/2 Starch, 3 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat Carb Choices: 2 1/2
- Note: Try Brown Sugar Blend Splenda instead if using brown
sugar in this recipe.
- Note: This recipe does specify what type of rice was used,
but Brown Rice is a much better choice. Take care, Gloria