Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ pounds salmon steaks, about ¾ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large thinly sliced fresh fennel bulbs
- ½ cup dry white wine or water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- minced fennel fronds
- Dredge the fish in the flour.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the fish and brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Carefully lift the fish out of the skillet and set it aside on a platter; sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and the fennel to the skillet and sauté slowly until limp.
- Reduce heat to low and return the fish to the pan and add the wine or water and thyme.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork or the tip of a knife.
- Sprinkle with minced fennel fronds.