To accompany the salmon this dish should be served with new baby potatoes which have been boiled with mint leaves and fresh garden peas plus a palatable white wine. This is a very basic but absolutely delicious recipe. Of course the fun is catching the salmon and telling the story of how the large one snapped the rod like a pretzel and "got away"!
- 1 servings.
- Clean salmon and remove head tail and fins. Cut the salmon into 1 lb steaks (not fillets).
- Place 1 salmon steak onto a sheet of foil squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon spread 1 tb of butter plus salt and pepper on the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon steak tightly in the foil (heavy duty) so as to make the best water tight seal as possible. Repeat for each steak.
- Boil the packages in water for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place in the freezer for an hour then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve unwrap the salmon steaks carefully on a large platter and cover with warm Hollandaise Sauce.