Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To accompany the salmon this dish should be served with new baby potatoes which have been boiled with mint leaves and fresh garden peas plus a palatable white wine. This is a very basic but absolutely delicious recipe. Of course the fun is catching the salmon and telling the story of how the large one snapped the rod like a pretzel and "got away"!
- 1 servings.
- Clean salmon and remove head tail and fins. Cut the salmon into 1 lb steaks (not fillets).
- Place 1 salmon steak onto a sheet of foil squeeze the juice of ½ a lemon spread 1 tb of butter plus salt and pepper on the salmon.
- Wrap the salmon steak tightly in the foil (heavy duty) so as to make the best water tight seal as possible. Repeat for each steak.
- Boil the packages in water for 20 minutes.
- Remove and place in the freezer for an hour then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve unwrap the salmon steaks carefully on a large platter and cover with warm Hollandaise Sauce.