Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Marked as a family favorite. Dated 1944.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1/2-cup brown sugar
- 1/4-cup soy sauce
- 1/4-cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 or more lemon slices
- Heat brown sugar, soy sauce, water and lemon juice in a fry pan large enough to hold the salmon steaks snugly.
- Boil uncovered stirring occasionally until the Sugar is melted. Now add salmon steaks.
- Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer salmon steaks for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Boil the sauce until thickened.
- Serve salmon drizzled with sauce and garnished with lemon slices.