Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This new twist on an old favorite is a delicious baked salmon pie with vegetables and cheese. It takes less than an hour to prepare, and you can substitute the salmon with tuna, crab or shrimp! This is high in sodium... so it is not good for a low sodium diet!
- Contributed by Gloria at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From www.chickenofthesea.com
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
- Makes 4 Servings
- 1 (7.1-oz) pouch "Chicken of the Sea" premium skinless and boneless pink salmon pouch 
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- 1 cup milk 
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
- 8 oz can refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium saucepan, combine broth and vegetables; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for two minutes.
- Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in milk.
- Whisk milk mixture into vegetables and cook until thickened; remove from heat.
- Add chicken of the sea salmon, cheese and pepper.
- Spoon filling into four (1 to 1½ cups) individual pie pans or individual casserole dishes.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; cut each rectangle into six strips.
- Firmly press six dough strips, in a crisscrossing pattern, over each pie.
- Trim off excess dough.
- Bake pies 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- ↑ Substitute "Chicken of the Sea" pink skinless and boneless salmon with "Chicken of the Sea" chunk light tuna, albacore tuna, smoked Pacific salmon, crab or shrimp.
- ↑ Use reduced or low fat milk!
- ↑ Use reduced or low fat cheese!
Nutrition Information Edit
Per serving (1 Pot Pie):
- 379 Calories | 172 Calories From Fat | 19g Fat | 8g Saturated Fat | 33g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 7g Sugars | 19g Protein | 37 mg Cholesterol | 1040 mg Sodium | 34% Vitamin A | 6% Vitamin C | 20% Calcium | 11% Iron