Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salmon Hobo Packs Prep: 35 minutes Grill: 12 minutes
Ingredients 2 lb. skinless salmon fillets, about 1-inch thick Salt and freshly ground pepper 1/2 cup light-colored molasses 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1 Tbsp. soy sauce 12 oz. green beans, or haricot verts (tender young green beans), ends trimmed 2 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices 2 Tbsp. coarse grain mustard 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh parsley, optional 2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel, optional 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper, optional
Directions 1. Sprinkle salmon lightly with salt and pepper; set aside. For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together molasses, brown sugar, and soy sauce*; heat just until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
2. Grill salmon directly over medium coals for 6 minutes; turn. Grill for 4 minutes; brush with molasses mixture. Grill for 2 to 4 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with fork, brushing occasionally with glaze. Remove from grill. Cut salmon into 8 pieces. Cover and refrigerate 4 of the portions.
3. Tear off four 36x18-inch sheets of heavy foil; fold in half to make 18-inch squares. In a bowl combine beans and squash; toss with mustard. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Divide evenly among foil sheets, placing vegetable mixture in the center. Place a salmon portion on each; spoon on any remaining glaze. Bring up two opposite edges of foil and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to build.
4. Grill foil packets directly over medium coals for 20 minutes.
5. To serve, transfer salmon and vegetables from packets to dinner plates. Combine parsley, lemon peel, and the 1?4 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle on salmon. Makes 4 servings.
Test Kitchen Tip: Two-thirds cup hoisin sauce may be substituted for the glaze.
Nutrition facts per serving: Calories 334 Total Fat (g) 13 Saturated Fat (g) 3 Monounsaturated Fat (g) 4 Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 5 Cholesterol (mg) 67 Sodium (mg) 373 Carbohydrate (g) 30 Total Sugar (g) 20 Fiber (g) 4 Protein (g) 25 Vitamin C (DV%) 41 Calcium (DV%) 11 Iron (DV%) 15
- Percent Daily Values are base on a 2,000 calorie diet