Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Inman Estate in Mineral Wells, Texas in 1990. Date and source unknown. Another tried and true recipe.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 6 salmon fillets, approximately 5 ounces each
- 6 ham slices
- 3 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 15 black olives finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 20 sage leaves
- 12 long chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges to serve
- Mix together the butter, garlic, chopped , sun-dried tomato paste, salt and black pepper until well blended.
- Cut a deep long slit through each salmon fillet, taking care not to cut right through.
- Spread the butter mixture into the slit and then carefully close the slit.
- Place the sage leaves over the slit, enclosing the butter.
- Place a slice of ham over the slit and then wrap around the salmon.
- Knot a chive around each salmon fillet to secure.
- Cook the salmon over hot coals for about 4 to 5 minutes per side until the ham is crispy and the salmon is cooked though.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.