Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salmon Chowder from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe—US government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 6
- 1 lb salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup potato, diced
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 can (8 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (13 oz each) evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut salmon into 1-inch chucks and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion, potato and celery for about 5 minutes.
- Add water and continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Blend in flour, pepper, dill, milk and salmon.
- Heat until soup thickens then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.