A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time:
- Serves: 8
- 4 cups canned salmon or canned tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1 cup water (or 1 cup non-fat milk)
- 3 cups soft bread, chopped, or crushed crackers
- ¼ cup egg mix + ½ cup water (or 2 eggs, beaten)
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl sprinkle lemon juice over salmon.
- In medium bowl combine milk, bread crumbs, eggs, onions, pepper, and parsley flakes. Combine with salmon and blend well. Form into a loaf.
- Place loaf in a greased, non-metallic loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Can be served with ¼ cup of cream sauce over each salmon loaf slice