Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes About 1 Gallon.
- 1½ pounds bacon, diced
- ½ pound onion, diced
- ¾ cup flour
- 10¾ cups chicken stock (or bouillon)
- 4 cups creamed corn
- salt to taste
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- pinch oregano
- 1 pound corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled, finely diced
- 2¾ cups heavy cream
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In large soup pot, sauté bacon and onion until onion is tender.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, stirring, about 7 minutes.
- Do not allow flour to brown.
- Blend in stock, stirring well.
- Add creamed corn, salt, pepperand oregano.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Add potatoes, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and hot sauce.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Stir in cream, heat through and serve.