Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice and pistachio salad
- 200 g (7 oz) long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) boiling water
- 3 heaped tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shelled whole pistachios
- grated rind of half lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Wash rice and drain.
- Transfer to a medium sized saucepan.
- Add boiling water and 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover pan and boil for 10 minutes, give a quick stir, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- To make the lemon dressing, in a medium bowl mix together the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, grated lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- Add the spring onions, parsley and pistachios to the rice.
- Stir in the lemon dressing and mix.
- Cover bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.