- 1/2 pound ripe, but firm, tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 fresh red chile peppers (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 medium-size Onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 1/2 teaspoons caraway see
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 24 imported black olives, pitted or whole
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
rill the tomatoes, peppers, and Onion until all have blackened and blistered peels or black grid marks, about 15 minutes for the smaller peppers and tomatoes, and about 20 to 25 minutes for the bell peppers and Onion.
2. Peel and seed the grilled vegetables, cut them up, and place in a food processor. Process with 4 or 5 short pulses and transfer to a medium-size bowl.
3. Pound the garlic, caraway seeds, and salt together in a mortar with a pestle until almost a paste, then stir into the grilled vegetables. Arrange on a platter, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, and garnish with the , pieces of Tuna, and quartered eggs.
Makes 4 servings