- 4 large aubergines / egg plant (aswad)
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 5 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper (optional)
- 1 small Onion (optional)
- 5 green chilies (optional)
- Heat aubergines on flame of stove.
- Peel when soft and burnt.
- In a bowl, mix Peanut butter with lemon juice.
- Add aubergines to mixture and mash.
- Add one tablespoon of vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- aubergines may taste burnt and gassy (but not Naemea's), if this is not desired, we'd recommend frying the aubergines in oil rather than burning them in the flame.