This salad is an authentic Moroccan dish that is ideal for vegetarians. It is served cold and mixes the sweet with the spicy!
- This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- 450 g uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- boiling water
- 100 g carrots, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 100 g green beans, cut into short lengths
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g chopped almonds
- 110 ml olive oil
- tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- Mix the couscous and salt in large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover it.
- Make the bowl airtight by covering with cling film and let it stand for a good 8–10 minutes put the carrots, pepper and beans in a saucepan with some water, bring it to the boil and cook for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, orange juice, parsley, mint and about ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Make sure it is blended well and set to one side.
- Drain the cooked vegetables of all excess water, then add to the cooked couscous mixing well with a fork.
- Add the onions, raisins and almonds and stir.
- Then pour in the dressing, tossing well.
- Refrigerate the salad for an hour before serving.