Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This salad is an authentic Moroccan dish that is ideal for vegetarians. It is served cold and mixes the sweet with the spicy!
- This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- 450 g uncooked couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- boiling water
- 100 g carrots, diced
- 1 sweet pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 100 g green beans, cut into short lengths
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g chopped almonds
- 110 ml olive oil
- tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- Mix the couscous and salt in large bowl and add enough boiling water to cover it.
- Make the bowl airtight by covering with cling film and let it stand for a good 8–10 minutes put the carrots, pepper and beans in a saucepan with some water, bring it to the boil and cook for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, orange juice, parsley, mint and about ½ teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Make sure it is blended well and set to one side.
- Drain the cooked vegetables of all excess water, then add to the cooked couscous mixing well with a fork.
- Add the onions, raisins and almonds and stir.
- Then pour in the dressing, tossing well.
- Refrigerate the salad for an hour before serving.