Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fruit Compote with Lichee Nuts
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in 1-inch dice
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cut in ½-inch dice
- 1 cup oranges, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced.
- ½ cup canned lichee nuts
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pure vanilla extract
- In a 2-quart glass or china bowl: combine: 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut in 1-inch dice, 1 cup cantaloupe, cut in ½-inch dice, 1 cup oranges, peeled and very thinly sliced and ½ cup strawberries, sliced.
- Mix the fruits so that they are well blended.
- Pour ½ cup canned lichee nuts across top of fruit.
- In a 1-pint saucepan: combine: ½ cup sugar, ½ cup water, ¼ tsp salt and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract to the syrup.
- Pour the piping hot syrup over the fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fill a small cruet or sprinkler bottle with pure vanilla extract.
- Bring the salad to the table in the bowl along with the cruet of vanilla.
- Fill individual compote dishes with the fruit.
- Sprinkle a few drops vanilla over the fruit as it is being served.