Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup good-quality black olives, whole or pitted
- 5 small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups string beans, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups wax beans, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Red leaf, radicchio or Boston lettuce
- Optional garnishes:
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed
- and drained
- 1/2 lb. fried tempeh
- 2 or 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- cherry tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
3. An hour or so before serving, combine the bean-Potato mixture with marinated vegetables. Add more oil or vinegar if desired and toss well. Serve on bed of lettuce and garnish with one or more optional ingredients.